Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We're Back Baby!


Ben's smiling. Happy days are here again my friends!

From the Wall Street Journal -- "The U.S. recession appears to be losing steam, with growth likely to resume later this year on the back of firmer household spending, a bottoming housing market and an end to inventory liquidation, U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Tuesday."

VEE SHALL SEE... The stock market went up yesterday and the sage of Omaha, Warren Buffett, believes the Obama policies will work. I suppose that throwing borrowed money at the problem can't help to some degree. It would be like me taking a $40K credit card cash advance at a to-be-determined variable interest rate to buy an HDTV. This would benefit the economy to some extent on the day after yesterday. My local TV store salesman would be happy with the sale and I'd sure enjoy the sharp picture. But I'm not looking forward to getting the bill at the end of the month! I know, I just won't get the mail and think happy thoughts. Maybe I'll listen to my Ipod filled with Obama speeches. Carpe Diem.

No comments: