Monday, May 4, 2009

Year of the Salsa

I have a love-hate relationship with my beloved Costco. It's sheer hugeness thrills me like no other. Tonight I made the bi-weekly trek to the South St. Louis warehouse. I picked up my usual 4 lbs. of grapes, 13 lbs. of oranges, 4 boxes of butter, and so much more. Everything a growing Dad of 3 needs for adequate sustenance.

Usually Costco quality is unparalleled. I trust implicitly all that Costco puts on its shelves. From the food that I eat to the TV I watch to the diapers that grace my baby's bottom to the socks I wear to the sheets I sleep in, the Kirkland signature brand is a welcome friend. Unfortunately, not all is roses. I was confronted with a monumental Salsa decision last time I was there:

To buy the fresh 2lb. jug of Salsa or the 65 oz. container of the regular stuff.

Instinct told me to go with the fresh stuff. Budget said otherwise. Budget won out. So now I am stuck with 65 oz. of Salsa that I'm not all that crazy about. Thus, it looks like the remainder of 2009 and into 2010 will henceforth be known as the "Year of the Salsa."

No comments: